We have an update! Several hours after we added that last post to our blog we had a little girl figure out how to move her head in just the right way to get herself all the way over on to her belly. She did it again once yesterday too. So she's officially rolled over. Whoo-hoo!!! It's a process for her - swinging her leg over, turning the hips, pulling in the arm, and then turning the head around fast. It's pretty fun to watch. Once she gets over she likes a little nudge to get up on that arm so she can look around so there's just a smidge of assitance in the end.
It does seems a little backwards since most babies roll from belly to back first. I guess we can blame that on us not being so good about tummy time those first couple of months. But I count her skilled for doing it the other way a little earlier than normal (and I'm not a biased parent at all now am I).
5 comments:
Congrats on the rolling! She's such a wiggler and a mover ... I have a feeling you'll be in trouble once she figures out the belly to back roll. We sure miss her! Oh, and you guys too. :)
Woo hoo! Way to go, Roller Gurl! haha!
Yay for Janie! Eden still hasn't ever rolled from her back to her tummy - I don't know if she ever will :)
Brylie rolls from her back to belly too not belly to back. and i have facebook, darin doesn't. It is under Carolyn Patterson Thurman
YAY for baby milestones! That's so fun. She is a beautiful baby.
Post a Comment