Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Best Part About Blogging Is ...

Every time I point out something that Janie ISN'T doing, she starts doing it just days later. When I mentioned after her doctor's appointment that she wasn't crawling, she started crawling. When I mentioned in the last post that she wasn't cruising, she is now cruising. Her grandma helped her with this one, which we're grateful for. When she would pull up on the couch we would stick a couple of her favorite snacks about 6 inches out of her reach to get her to move but she'd just yell at us. "How could you be so mean to set them way over there?!?! Give them to me now!!!" But then her grandma tried toys along the edge of the coffee table, and voila! Cruising. She's trying to transfer between objects now too - couch to cedar chest, dad's king chair to boxes, etc. And she's not nearly afraid of falling down now either. She just flops and goes when just a few weeks ago we would have had a big drama fest just over a little balance wobble cuz it would scare her.

Now that she can get herself back down from a standing position, bed time has been easier too. We had about 5 days where she would pull up in her pack 'n play (i.e. her crib) and get stuck, get frustrated, and would start screaming, and then came the battle - who could outlast who. I took the easy route a couple of nights and walked her outside to put her to sleep cuz it wasn't too cold. But then the temps cooled off a little more and my arms and back were growing weary so we did it the hard way - lay her back down every 5-10 minutes, she'd pull back up and keep screaming, lay her back down, pull back up, etc. for about 45 minutes. And then she realized mom was winning and she gave up and went to sleep (or was too tired to care any more). But now we're good again.

One more talent Janie has developed is her ability to signal touchdowns. We've had a few of Mark's friends over for football games the last couple weekends and they taught her to put her arms up when they say touchdown. And she does it. It's cute. She's already a proud Utah fan. As for other things she's not doing (and I'm going to mention in hopes that she starts soon, hehehehe) is taking steps on her own. We might be waiting a while on this one though. We'll wait and see.


4 comments:

Laura said...

What a CUTE picture!! I love it ... and how quick of you to snap it before she pulled the bow out. :) Mike loves that she can say touchdown with her hands. And congrats on the cruising!

Jamie said...

I'm glad she is cruising. Don't worry about what she dosn't do. She will learn and all to early. you will be wishing for the day's she didn't cruise. She is to cute. We should do a party with all the girls that were in the ward so we can see each people some time agean.

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

She is growing so fast! And I just love her in her little U outfit!!! Adorable!

Stefanie said...

That is just cute!!! I'm thinking she's done with the bow...