We've got one more week left in our Lamaze classes. They've been pretty fun and rather interesting - gotta love the videos. My favorite part is that I think they've been more beneficial for Mark while we're actually there than for me. Yesterday he was practically the walking dead (thanks to his occasional ritual of playing video games to who-knows-what-time in the morning) and the week before he was just a little beyond really mind-numbingly stressed. I want to say there have been one or two other weeks he wasn't up to par too, but I can't remember back that far. Regardless, each time we've hit the part of the class where he gets to be Mr. Wonderful Coach, he just mellows right out and turns into his normal self - cracking jokes, saying little sweet things, and finding ways to have fun. (I swear we're the most disruptive couple in the class from laughing so much!) It's really cute to see him change. I think the Dr. Pepper helped a little yesterday too though. Now we just have to retain this fun stuff for a few more weeks to use it at the big event.
As for the rest of life, I don't think we've mentioned the change in Mark's school plans to a lot of folks yet. It turns out that ITT enrolled him in the wrong program which Mark discovered thanks to an assignment a week or two ago (which is why he was really mind-numbingly stressed last week). The only way he could do the program he actually wanted is to move to a location that teaches it on campus because it's not available online or at the Utah campus. Kind of stinky, huh. So we've been looking into other options. We might have found a few things that will work and still give him the education he wants. We'll keep you posted on what we decide. Mark has also been training on a different call type at work which should provide him with a few more opportunities and maybe a little more $$$, so that's been good. He also saved up enough of his personal money to buy a Play Station 3 this week (hence, why he was up so late the other night). I'm sure you can imagine how giddy he is about that.
Little baby is still good. She's still just wiggling around in there having a grand ol' time. I must admit, I'm starting to miss a few things like a good night's sleep, not having to run to the ladies' room every hour, eating at Leatherby's and feeling good about it, and my favorite pair of shorts (although Mark has lent me some of his shorts which now fit me). So I guess I'm looking forward to finishing out the pregnant phase and moving on to the mommy phase (and maternity leave, whoo-hoo!). I still don't have a lot to legitimately complain about, but being that I'm female, I'll complain anyway. :o) She should be dropping in the next few weeks. While it won't help the frequent bathroom trips, it will be nice to breathe again so everyone doesn't feel compelled to ask if I'm doing ok when I take deep breaths and sigh a lot, although I do appreciate the concern. For part of our class last night we got to tour the maternity area of the hospital so now we know what to expect - a lot of construction. They're remodeling and a few of the really nice new rooms will be available by the time we pop. So maybe we'll get lucky and get one. It never hurts to hope, right?
1 comment:
That totally stinks about Mark's schooling. Will they give you a refund on your tuition money?
Hey, Mark, let me tell you about sleepless nights. Dave has become so tired that he's delisional during the night, worrying about the baby. A lot of times I have to tell him to just go back to sleep. The other night he was looking for the baby in a picture frame.... :D
Post a Comment