Monday, August 10, 2009

Patheticness - is that a word?

I'm back to having a little trouble sleeping the last couple of nights, but I'm blaming this go around on myself. I think my sunburn from going to Cherry Hill with Mark's family on Saturday plays a big role. I should have put sunblock on despite it being a little chilly and cloudy. We got some great pictures of Janie that I'll get up here as soon as we find our camera's battery charger. We put it in a safe place so we wouldn't lose it just to forget where that safe place is. Is that not typical or what?

Anyway, all I really wanted to post tonight is that I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be one of "those" parents as my baby (eventually babies) grow up - the type that's going to show them how excited I am when my kids can tie their shoes but be really sad on the inside that they don't need me to do it for them any more. The type that's going to cry the whole time they're gone on their first day of school. The type that's going to look back every day and wonder where my baby went while (hopefully) being so proud of who they've turned into. And you want to know why I'm thinking about this? It's all because little Janie finally cut her first tooth on Friday. I'm really going to miss her gummy grins.

It's just kind of funny because I always had this mindset of what kind of parent I was going to be and now I'm really finding out. Needless to say, it's a little different than what I thought but I think it's definitely for the better. I'm really pathetic when I want to be and I'm beginning to appreciate that patheticness a little more every day. Here's to pathetic parents!!!
Oh, and today's my mommy's birthday. She would have been 65. Happy birthday Mom!!!


6 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

I am totally that kind of parent. I cry and get sentimental over many things that my kids go through. I am right there with you! :)
Happy Birthday, Janice. Your Mom was such a wonderful person.

Janelle! said...

I am totally sentimental about my nieces and nephews... I can't imagine how motherhood must be! You are a great mommy. I hope you get more sleep, girl! Love you!

David and Jaycee said...

Hey Sariah!
Of course I remember you! You're one of the few cousins on the Tuttle side that's around my age!
What a yummy baby girl you have! I hear ya on the
patheticness! My first baby is coming up on 5 yrs.! She's getting so big I want to cry when I pick her up
and her legs hit my knees! This time goes by so fast and is so precious! I feel I can't ever get enough! We'll
I'm doing really bad at blogging lately but my goal is to post really soon! take care,
your long lost cousin
jaycee

David and Jaycee said...

ps
Your mom had/has one of the sweetest spirit I've ever known! Happy Birthday Aunt Janice!

The Nicolaysens said...

I don't think you're being a pathetic parent, in fact I think you would be pathetic if you didn't care about all those little things :)

Laura said...

What a fun picture! I know what you mean about the tooth. It's fun to see that they finally got one, but at the same time it means they are growing up. *sniff sniff*

Here's to being pathetic!