Saturday, September 5, 2009

And Another Blog ...

I took a day off of work yesterday to stay home and clean my house (which I still feel is sad that I have to take time off of work to do, but it was a great day). My typical cleaning day includes a lot of radio listening and my mind going a billion miles an hour about all kinds of topics - usually related to how nice it's going to be when we're not both working full time, Mark doing school full time, Janie teething and wanting lots of attention, and pretending that I can squeeze in other stuff too - and one of them I actually liked. I've been getting into the blog scene a little more lately and the more I come across other blogs that are pretty cool, the more I thought how nice it would be to have a resource for people to view that would provide basically a large index of other blogs by topic with descriptions.

So I've started it. It's called Your Blog Mall at www.yourblogmall.blogspot.com. It's very much in it's newborn infancy since I've committed to getting permission from the author's blogs that I'd like to post. I have one whole post now with contacts going out getting permissions for more. It looks like most of these first ones are going to be related to crafts and politics which should be a fun combination. If anyone has a blog or any friends with blogs that would like to help me pull this thing at least into a "toddler" stage, please let me know! I'm just wondering if I'm going to be able to keep up with it, but I'm going to try by golly. The worst thing that can happen is that it goes no where and nobody likes it and I'm just out a bunch of my time. But I can't fail if I don't try, right? :o)

As for other events, we had a mini-vacation with my brother Ryan and his new (non-psycho, high quality) girlfriend which was so much fun. Hopefully I'll get some pictures up in the next week from our Moab trip. Janie's 2nd tooth is just starting to poke through so we've had quite the cranky girl. Hopefully this one will be like the last one and she'll just be ornery for a few days which means we'll be going on lots of long walks and popsicles galor. And nothing else is coming to mind to add so I just hope you all have a lovely long weekend!

5 comments:

Carrie and Shane said...

Hey Sariah,
Sounds like a million dollar idea to me. I bet you'll be making money soon.

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

I love this idea! I hope it takes off for you! I will keep my eyes out for other fun blogs to feature!

Claudia Orgill said...

What a great idea! Good luck on it...what about labels such as education, illustrators, health, art, home decor, home care, yard care, cars, pets, photography, writers, or...I can't think of anything else.

Hope it takes off - if anyone can make it work, you can!

Sariah said...

They're coming Claudia, they're coming. I gotta start somewhere and I know more people who do craft and political blogs.

Brat said...

Good idea!
You have my permission to link all my blogs if you like. I havent been posting to them as often since I've gotten up here but my goal is to do it once a week and any extra traffic would be awesome.