Monday, November 23, 2009

It's Worth It

All the messes to be picked up. All the diapers to change. All the food thrown on the floor. All the trips up the stairs. All the battles over piggie tails. All the time intended for other things sacrificed. All the lessons in patience. And more .....

Then comes the Sunday of our primary program at church. I'm a teacher so I had to sit on the stand. And about a third of the way in there's this loud noise coming from the congregation which isn't unusual for any chapel with ancy kids. But this time it was my Janie, and she was SOOOOO excited because she had just spotted mommy! She was shouting (which sounds like someone hyperventilating very loudly), and smiling, and pointing, and looking at dad to make sure he was looking, and waving. She had the people sitting around her all busting up about it, and it was all I could do to not bust up myself. And all those moments where it's hard being a mom become totally worth it! I sure love that little girl and I sure felt the love in return.

And yes, I did wave back. :o)

5 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

That is so cute! I love it.

Janelle! said...

I love that story, and wish I was there to witness it! You do such a great job as mommy... and she is totally the cutest! I can just picture it. Man, she is growing up!

Jamie said...

I agree with you there are dose that are just hard then they do something to make you laugh and it makes it all better.

Laura said...

Cute! I wish I was sitting next to Mark so I could have seen the whole thing. What a cutie!

Brat said...

I love it when a little kid realises that they really know the person up on the stand.