Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Odd or Even?

I'm happy to say I just hit the big 3-0 this weekend. It seems like most people dread getting older but I enjoy it for some strange reason that I have yet to figure out. I might change my mind in a couple of decades though. :o) I've noticed a trend over the last few years of how my life correlates to my age. My odd years seem to be my hard years and my even years are my good years. Some of the highlights and low lights from the last five years include:

25 - found out my dad had terminal cancer and my mom died
26 - started dating my very tall, dark, and oh-so-handsome dream boat of a man and married the poor schmuck (anyone at our wedding luncheon will appreciate the story my aunt told about him being a poor schmuck)
27 - dad died and I was left with their disaster of a house and so much other stuff to deal with
28 - got pregnant, loved being pregnant, and had the cutest baby girl in the whole wide world
29 - while there hasn't been quite the "landmark" type events, I'm sure you've all noticed that I've been EXTREMELY overwhelmed this last year with Mark being in school full time, both of us working full time (for the most part), having a very normal (i.e. hyper and energetic) baby, and trying to keep up on everything else.
30 - and even though I've just BARELY hit 30, I've got something to add cuz Mark got a job offer on my birthday for an internship related to what he actually wants to do for a career!

So we're starting 30 off the right way. I don't know if I had mentioned that we decided to have Mark quit his go-no-where job at Harland Clarke to pursue finding something that would actually contribute to his future. He was unemployed for 6 weeks total which seemed to go by fast, except on the days I had to pay the bills. :o) He had several interviews and it was quite the roller coaster of excited moments and disappointed moments, but he did it! I'm so proud of him.

As for the rest of this birth year's events, Mark will finish school up some time between June and September. We MIGHT finally get my parents house finished thanks to other kind and generous souls being so wonderful to help out since we're so short on time. I'm thinking we won't be having another child until 31 comes around though. But it just seems so ironic that I can track my life's up-swings and down-swings by my age.

4 comments:

Laura said...

That's pretty amazing you've been able to notice a pattern! I think Heavenly Father is trying to give you a break between all the bad stuff. :)

I'm glad you had a fabulous 3-0 birthday!

Leah said...

Um, in this case you may want to have a child sooner than later, if'n your odd years are really bad. I'd hate to think of a second pregnancy going bad... :)
Just trying to get you to join the crowd!!

Sariah said...

I think at the rate things are going, it's going to take an act of God for us to have another baby before I'm 31 (which is possible, therefore scary) despite the crowd growing all the time. I think I'm up to 5 or 6 pregnant friends now.

Gramma Cheryl said...

I'm proud of you both and how hard you are working. You're great parents to that adorable girl, and we'll look forward to more whenever you're ready. Love you both, Mom