Well, Mark and I have decided that we're beyond ready to be done with that place. It's been a thorn in our side and any sentimental value that it might have once held is gone. So we made a commitment two or three weeks ago that it would be FINISHED by February 28th and ready to be placed on the market on March 1st. So that's what I've been using my time on lately as opposed to blogging. I currently can't sleep at the moment (shocking, I know) so I thought I'd provide a little update. We're over there about 2 nights a week and most Saturdays. And while we've only got 3 weeks left until our self-imposed deadline, I think we might come really close to making it. I should post some before and after pictures at some point so you can all appreciate what that house has gone through - a very old, outdated, and cruddy home to practically nothing more than a frame of a house (no floors, walls, or ceilings in half of it at one point) to actually being a livable space. We had our lovely neighbor Ed over there today doing a ton of plumbing work. (If anyone ever needs a plumber, we HIGHLY recommend Ed!!!!!! He's licensed, affordable, and does a FAST and amazing job.) The water has been turned off for a year and a half so it's going to be interesting having running water over there again. We've still got the living room to take care off, but the bathroom is done, the two bedrooms are very close to done, and the kitchen is inching ever so much closer to being done.
As for other highlights in the life of us, Janie is still super cute. She did eventually start walking believe it or not. :o) She's up to 9 teeth now. And she's just generally happy and silly. She's been spending a lot of time with Grandma while we're working on the house so they're just as best of buds as ever. Mark lost his internship that he started in November. They just didn't have the work coming in to justify having the two interns so they reduced their hours to zero. Mark applied for two other jobs last week. He got one the day after he interviewed and then had the other one offer him a position on Monday. He was surprised at the dilemma of having to choose between two jobs since they're not as easy to come by these days, but he/we decided to go with job #2 which will be doing some web programming work for an attorney's office. It would provide a better skill set and force him to learn more than the other job would have. It has the same pay as the other plus benefits which the other didn't have. We're SO grateful for the blessing of him having a better job!! And the commute is a ton better than his internship so he should be a little happier when he gets home now too. :o)
And my life is just the same. No news is good news. :o) Good night everyone!
5 comments:
Did you really write that at 12:40 a.m.? You little night owl. Good luck finishing the house! Too bad you don't have the yw come over anymore:)
Thanks for the update - glad to know you're still alive. ha ha
Good luck finishing up the house. You can do it!! And I'm glad Mark found something with benefits and is closer to home. Yay for better jobs! And what a blessing that he had TWO to choose from! Things are definitely looking up in that regards. Hopefully all this will continue to lead up to his dream job.
Have fun on your vacation - I'm trying really hard not to be jealous. :-)
I was wondering what was going on in the old house. I walked by one day and heard some construction going on. I was kind of hoping you were moving in but totally understand about wanting to sell it.
Congratulations on Mark getting a job with benefits. Those are few and far between.
Good luck with the house!
I LOVE the story, glad you took the chance to blog it for us all to see! :) Way to go on getting the house done too, and I don't blame you for saying "I'll be happy when..." Such darling pictures of you guys!
Post a Comment