Sunday, February 14, 2010

Janie's First Kiss

I heard a lot of disappointment from others about Valentine's Day being on a Sunday. Mark and I didn't have any plans to celebrate since we're going on vacation here in a few weeks. But it turns out that Sunday ended up being the perfect day for Janie to celebrate the pseudo holiday. There's a really cute little boy in our ward that's just a few weeks older than Janie who was sitting on the bench behind us at church today. Janie wiggled her way off our bench and crawled under so she could go play with him (or attempt to steal one of his chocolate cookies he was eating). As soon as she stood up he walked right over and gave her a big chocolaty kiss right on the lips. It was so cute and we had three benches of people busting up laughing. He decided one kiss just wasn't enough so he kept giving her little smooches all over the place. She ended up with chocolate smudges on her forehead, chin and nose. During the kiss-fest, Janie just had this puzzled look on her face like she didn't know what to think. I think after all was said and done, she was still only interested in the cookie.

7 comments:

Laura said...

That is hilarious!! Especially since when all was said and done, she still wanted the cookie. :-)

And just for the record, I think you are a fabulous mother and Janie is such a wonderful girl! We miss you both a ton.

Jamie said...

That is so cute and hilarious. It makes you wonder where they learn that so fast.

The Nicolaysens said...

I just love her pigtails!

Carrie and Shane said...

I'm racking my brain, but I just can't figure out who the little boy could be. Have I really been away that long? By the way...Luvin' those pigtails.

Stefanie said...

That is so awesome. I love it!

Sariah said...

Carrie - The little boy actually belongs to the young couple that bought your place, the Pendletons. No need to keep racking your brain. :o)

Brat said...

Way cute!