Friday, January 27, 2012

Remembering How to Blog

So in glancing through some of my older posts, it's making me wonder how much back story I should really do. Even my last "real" post from April makes me laugh because of how different our summer/fall/winter went compared to how I had planned it all out. Such as no patio going in due to a flooded house leading to some nice interior remodeling instead. There haven't been any pictures posted in just as long. Janie is totally different now days. Mark's life has had a makeover. And who knows what else I might remember along the way from the last 9 months or so. What to do??

To back story, or not to back story. That is the question.

Going forward, since I'll be working from home now, I don't really want to stray from my slightly off the wall nature. Who wants to turn into just another fluffy stay at home blogging mommy type? :o) (That's love to all my SAHM friends, just so ya know.) The thing I've missed the most about blogging is the journal feel it offers. The only time I have ever been a consistent writer of a journal was towards the end of high school and the few years after that. It was a good time for me to have a journal as a lot of my personally defining moments happened then. Facebook has compensated a little bit, but not a lot. (And my cute hubby just sat next to me and said, "Oh! You're posting on your blog! Cool." Gotta love that man.) I'm sure here soon you'll get the squishy emotional post about what it's been like to quit my job. Since I've got two more weeks to go before that experience is over, who knows how squishy it's really gonna get.

1 comment:

Laura said...

As a "fluffy stay at home blogging mommy type" I say post whatever you want to post! If you get overwhelmed with back-tracking, then don't do it. Whatever you do, start from here and keep going! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more posts and getting more information than I get on facebook. :-)