Thursday, February 23, 2012
The First Week
I quit. It happened. I cried. I wasn't surprised. I had my first week of training last week. This week has been my first week at home. It's been rough. There's a big part of me that already really wants to go back to work. There have been a lot of system problems making it hard to actually do my work. I've been very lonely. I really miss my coworkers. I'm afraid of having Janie home with me next week too. I really don't feel like I have this figured out and I don't want to take out any frustrations on her. I'm still not sure how I'm going to keep her entertained all day. I didn't expect things to go as planned and those expectations have sure been met. I hope I adjust fast or I might be applying for jobs here soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It takes time! It took me quite a few months to get used to being home all day. Don't give up - you can do it! You are strong and amazing and it's going to take Janie some time to adjust too. And never underestimate the power of play-dough and Crayola washable paint trays (the ones that come with brushes and need water). Good luck! Sorry you had such a bad day - it can only go up from here, right?
Post a Comment