Monday, September 15, 2008

Pictures . . . finally!

We know we're a little slow getting these, but at least they're up now. We thought you might like some proof that Mark isn't quite the cat-hater with one of our cats (the grumpy face is just for show), and the cat that's on him is actually the people-hater that nobody ever gets to see. For some reason these two almost like each other. Baby (the cat) has never willingly let anyone hold her besides my mom, me, and Mark. And I don't think Mark has ever willingly held a cat besides Baby. Weird, huh!! It's like some strange convergence in the universe. But if Mark and our other cat Bob ever become friends, then you know the end of the world is near.

As for my pic, for some reason people like to see pregnant bellies. So here's mine. If you ask me, it's not that big for 37 weeks pregnant. I just wonder where all that baby is hiding since we know she's a big one and I know how much weight I've gained too. I guess I won't complain about it. And I'm happy to say that I still feel pretty good. Everyone shares all these horror stories about how terrible the last month or two are and I've yet to gain my own horror story. I think they share so you'll have really low expectations making things seem better, so thanks for all the stories.

I had another doctor's appointment today (which is actually Tuesday even though this says Monday) and we've made it to about 2 cm dilated. We're slowly moving along. My doctor sounds hopeful that I might go on my own so I won't have to be induced at the end of next week, but it's still a possibility. If I make it to my next appointment then we'll be setting the date. We'll have to wait and see. My contractions have picked up quite a bit too as far as frequency. They're still pretty mild though. We had 3 good sized contractions in 20 minutes during the non-stress test last Friday. Now we get to wait to see if they become the fun painful ones that go along with labor.
There isn't too much else to update y'all on. Mark changed departments and schedules at work which he's enjoyed. My work is still just wondering how long they've got me. And we hope you don't pass up the chance to see Mike and Laura's new baby on their blog. There are a bunch of pictures of their cutie on the link for Jon and Cheryl too since they're the proud grandparents.

2 comments:

Laura said...

LOVE the preggo-belly. You're so adorable! I love how you carry it all in front - you can hardly tell you're pregnant from the back/front! (At least from the few pics I've seen of you.)

Darin and Carolyn said...

That is crazy that you were due one day before us, and we already have our baby. She came 3 weeks early and was very very unexpected. It was crazy, especially going in when my water broke and i was already dialated to a 6! craziness!