Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Time flies!!!

I can't believe that it's already been almost 4 weeks since little Janie was born. She'll be one month old this Saturday!! She's definitely been growing up but still seems like the sweet little girl we brought home in a lot of ways too.

Mark made it back to work last week and it's been interesting being home alone with the baby. I sure missed him those first few days. I still miss him now, but I'm surviving a little better so it's not such an urgent feeling. It's hard for him to go too, but it's sure nice when he comes home. I've actually hit the point of getting out and about with the baby too, running errands and such. The first time I think we over did it, but the last one or two have gone really well.

As for our little lady, she's been having an interesting time of things lately. A friend of mine lent me the book "On Becoming Baby Wise" which is supposed to help getting your baby into a feeding and sleeping routine to help them sleep through the night and get the nourishment they need. I started trying this on Saturday and in some ways I'm already very convinced but we've had a couple challenges that have come with it. She's slept through the night with the exception of one feeding each time which has sure been great!!! But she's still adjusting to the feeding schedule part of it so she gets a little ornery, especially during the evening. I know that's pretty normal for little babies anyway so I'm not too concerned about it, it would just be nice to have a little more peace when Mark and I are together. I think she's making progress with it though cuz she's been a little happier today and has started waking up from her naps on her own. She's sure a cute little girl though. We still feel she's pretty easy for the most part. It's just all the learning experiences that come with parenthood that we're hoping to survive. :o)

Bath time! This was her first bath in the sink. Nap time!! She hates to have her arms wrapped up to sleep.
Snuggle time!! She loves to lay on dad. He's so comfy.
Time for church!! We actually made it this week. Dress up time!! This was the first time she's worn a dress. It was the one I was blessed in.
More nap time!! She ended up like this after the car ride home from her first doctor's appointment.

Isn't he handsome?!?!?!
Isn't she beautiful?!?!?!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Glad to hear that the schedule thing is working out better. I hear you about being ornery when you finally have time with your spouse! That's one of the hardest parts about being a parent, I think. I love the pictures!! Thanks for posting them!

Gramma Cheryl said...

Wow, Thanks for the update! I love the pictures...especially with her arms straight out. Cute! And Bath time! And dressed up in your blessing dress! She is so precious and sweet. I'm so glad you are close so we can see each other often. The fussy time for ALL my babies was around dinner time. I don't know why that is with babies, but they seem to sense the changes in the house. Thanks for updating this. I love these blogs. What a great way to do personal history.

Stefanie said...

What a cutie! Congrats on getting her to (almost) sleep through the night. That much be heavenly for you!

The Nicolaysens said...

She's getting so cute! Church is still a struggle with Eden - Adam now works on Sundays and I am all alone and for some reason, she is always tired and cranky for those 3 hours. Errands are still hard to run too, but you just get used to packing the baby around everywhere. Hope things are going well :)

promise said...

janie is so cute....i cant believe its been a month! and i love the pictures