Saturday, March 14, 2009

More Pictures, Just Like I Said

I promised pictures, so here ya go! I know we're just a LOT biased, but isn't she just adorable?!?!



We had a family photo shoot around the holidays because all of Mark's family was together and there are two new babies that weren't in any pictures yet. At the time, they took photos of each smaller family too and a couple of our little families got shorted on pictures so the lady in charge was nice enough to come back over and take some more. These ones are just little teasers until we get to see the rest, but I know she got some super cute ones of Janie.

So I was all proud of how well Janie was doing with eating solids the last few weeks and then this week the poor girl has been punished for doing so well in the form of constipation and diaper rash. It's just not fair! The rash seems to be going away, or at least I'm hoping that's what I'm seeing. And I'm still out on the constipation cuz most of her bm's have been while she's been at her sitters during the day.

Her situation has helped me gain a little more appreciation for making her baby food rather than just doing the jarred stuff. Once she started to get backed up I found some fiber fortified oatmeal cereal and got some prunes and made her own "regularity" concoction and she loves it. The whole saving money thing is sure nice too! Even the cheapest jars are sure expensive when compared to making it. I think the most expensive homemade baby food she's had was sweet potatoes. I paid 75 cents for the sweet potato, the breast milk I mixed in was free, and it made the equivalent of about 5 2.5 oz jars which would have been $2 total for the cheap ones and they wouldn't have had the breast milk mixed in which is oh-so nutritious. :o) It's pretty fun to make it too!

So throughout the week I can think of a bunch of stuff I'd like to post on our blog, but when it comes time to post on the weekends, I can't remember much of it. Sad. I would normally post stuff while at work but I've been so busy lately that I can't actually finish my work. I've had some frustrations with it cuz I feel like my relatively new boss is setting me up to fail - having too high of expectations about what I can accomplish without having a realistic perspective of what it is I actually do. But at least I have a job. And I still like my job. And I still like the people I work with. So all in all, I'm doing alright. But I look forward to being able to stay home and take care of my little cutie-tootie.

And Mark is still doing pretty good. Week 2 of his school was a lot busier than the first, but he made it through with flying colors again. He still seems to be really enjoying it too. He loves showing me what he's able to accomplish and telling me about the things he's learning that he thinks are pretty cool. He's still working over at my parents house too. Believe it or not, we're still not done with that place. It's getting a little closer every week though. Who knows when it will actually be finished though. I'm sure we'll throw a party or something.

7 comments:

Gramma Cheryl said...

Great blog Sariah! I love the photos! I can't wait for the others either. I called Linda today and left a message to that affect. Well, thanks for taking the time to write and share your thoughts. I love reading your "mommy" thoughts and how you feel about raising your sweet one. She's sure a doll. I'm sure glad I get time to play with her.

Laura said...

Those pictures are SO cute! I'm glad she came back over and did more pictures. That shows what a good photographer she is. Janie looks so adorable - I can't wait to see her again!

Stefanie said...

she looks SO adorable!! She's getting so big too! It's sad how fast they grow up.

Anne Madeleine said...

She is so cute! I can't believe how grown up she looks. My mom would say she has a wise soul. You're very right to be proud of this little cutie.

MARCIE said...

You are totally right, she is such a doll!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That little chickidee is DARLING!!! I LOVE the second picture of her, especially. SO cute!

And thanks for adding my button!!:)

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Such cute pics!! Janie is a doll!!

And yay for homemade baby food! I loved making homemade baby food, cost efficient, and healthy too! :)