Thursday, May 21, 2009

What I Really Meant Was ...

3 to 5 WEEKS! I don't think I'll ever be making comments about when to expect my next post any more because I totally failed to keep up with my own expectation. Now I'm left with the challenge of how to catch up without making this an excruciatingly long post. Hmmmmm .... Let's see if we can just break it down into chunks.

Mark's Life: He's been one busy man and has handled it really well too. I've been giving him a little extra on his "honey-do" list and he's been keeping up with me and the homework. The two classes he has right now aren't as interesting to him as his last two so it feels more like actual homework for him now. But with all of his classes only being 8 weeks long, he'll be on to new ones in a few weeks and then he'll have his first week break. He won't get his next break until November so he's really excited for this one in June. He did a great job for Mother's Day too. He asked what I wanted and I just couldn't come up with anything that he could legitimately buy (a week off from work, a vacation, a bigger house, etc.) so he did his best to provide his time helping to clean the house and attending to Janie and such. He also let me pick out a few flowers to plant in the front of our place.

He's also been teaching Janie a few important things. Like how to use electronic devices.



And how to eat a few new foods that are a little more grown up.



Sariah's Life: So I admit to an attempt to take a picture of one of the ladies at my work that I mentioned in my previous post. It felt so weird though, so I wouldn't expect any actual pictures. But it's still entertaining. There's also the "clog lady" who is always wearing these clogs that are made out of the same shiny rubbery material that rain boots are and she has them in a variety of colors. She wears them with everything too so she obviously loves them. If they're that comfy, I can't say I blame her. The rest of work has been going a little better too. My boss is taking things a little easier now days so I don't feel so overwhelmed. I've been complaining about the pump closet (where the nursing mothers go to use their breast pumps) lately because there's a safe in there that's in a permanently open position and it's part of a deposit slot that goes to the outside of our building and there's no ventilation in the room. This causes two problems - the temperature in the closet takes on what it is outside (so winter really wasn't that fun) and there are some people who like to smoke right by the deposit slot even though it's not a designated smoking area. That's the part that bugs me cuz it's just nasty sitting in this little tiny room (it's literally a closet) and it's got cigarette smoke coming in. So in order to accomodate, they've put some magazines from 2005 in there for reading material and some sanitizer stuff and tissues. Oh, and we finally got a garbage can which is nice. I think I'll track down some tape and tape around the safe opening to see if I can seal it off too. I doubt they'd ever notice cuz it's never used.

Other than that, my life's the same. Get up, get Janie and me ready, drop Janie off, go to work, work, go get Janie (or go home if Mark's getting her), try to clean a little, play with Janie cuz she loves attention and interaction type of play, hang out with Janie some more (feedings, baths, etc.), put her to bed, and then I go to bed. There are changes here and there like Mutual on Wednesdays and hanging out with friends once in a while. But it's pretty routine since Mark's got the homework and I like to TRY to keep our home from becoming a disaster. There is occassional success at the disaster prevention too.

On to the more interesting stuff! And we'll need a few of these for Janie:

Janie's New Obsession: See if you can guess what it is. It's SOOOOOO funny when she does it too. There was a few weeks where she'd do it ALL the time. Now it's just once in a while.


Janie's Rolling Adventures: This girl is on the move now. She went from only being able to roll from back to belly for the longest time (and it was only to the left) to finally rolling from belly to back (and only to the left too). Then she decided to try doing it to the right. And then she realized she was mobile and can now move with purpose. Eeeek!! We've been having more frequent instances where we'll put her down in spot A, do something else for one or two minutes, check back in on her cuz we're either curious where she's at or we hear something we didn't expect and she's in spot B about 8 to 10 feet away. It's SOOOO time to baby proof our house. We also need to get her crib set up now because she's just all over the place when we put her to bed now. She's been sleeping in one of those pack and plays so she doesn't have a lot of room. She has to roll over every inch before she falls asleep. And she sleeps in the cutest positions now too! It's so funny how much I love to go peek on her after she falls asleep to see how she's laying. She's definitely a side sleeper and she sleeps like a rock when on her belly. She's just super cute when she's asleep anyway.




Other Miscellaneous Janie Stuff: Most of my friends and relatives with cute little babies like Janie have chunky babies, or at least ones that are a little larger than average. Janie's definitely getting bigger but I'm thinking she's taking more after her mom all the time and is going to be a late bloomer. I was always the little one when I was a wee lass but I kept growing when all my friends had stopped. Janie's still in a lot of her 3-6 month clothes and just transitioning to her 6-9 month clothes, mostly because a lot of her height is in her legs. She's passed the 16 lb mark and she's still on track for her regular percentiles so I'm not worried, but I still try to feed her as much as she'll take. I've also started to wean her from nursing. I've had mixed feelings because I feel like I'm doing it more for my own convenience than for hers. But I'm also concerned that she's going to be a tough one to wean if I don't start now. I'm doing it slowly though so it's not traumatic. She's been doing formula for about 3 or 4 weeks starting out with just a little each day and she's up to about 60% of her bottles/nursing is formula. I've also been freezing a bunch so she'll still have the good stuff for a while longer and so I don't feel so guilty. She still doesn't have any teeth yet, but there are at least signs of them now. We can see the outlines of them in the front of her gums on the bottom and it looks like they've still got a ways to go before she'll be officially "teething" which I'm sure will be fun.

So in general, life has been really good. It's still crazy busy, but definitely good. We've got a lot of really great people who help us out with so many things and we really appreciate it all. Some times we don't do as good of a job at letting them know as we should. And I've got two fabulous people who bring me so much happiness all the time. They're the best!


8 comments:

Jamie said...

she is way cute sariah. Its amazing how fast they grow.

Staci said...

What a wonderful family you have, Janie is just the cutest ever!!!

Brat said...

Love the tongue!

Janelle! said...

Sariah, thanks for updating your blog! I love to read every word and check out all the pictures! She is one amazing little girl, and such a good combination of you and Mark! I'm glad you are enjoying lots of play time with her and capturing all her tongue moments. It's kinda funny how you can tell how happy and excited she is by how far out she is sticking her tongue! What a cutie!!!!!!! I get to be her aunt, how lucky am I? :)
I'm proud of all Mark's hard work, and all your diligence in being a great Mom and helping put him through school. What a woman!!

The Nicolaysens said...

Great catch up post, Sariah. Janie is getting so cute! Eden also has a thing with tongue every once and awhile. It's funny how they go through certain phases and just wait till Janie starts crawling and you'll have to make sure your whole house is picked up because they go everywhere! :)

Stefanie said...

You're a good girl! I don't feel bad at all when I add things to Scott's honey-do list ha ha :)

Laura said...

What a cute post! I somehow missed it last week when you posted it ... weird. I sure loved watching her stick out her tongue - she LOVES doing that! And I hear ya on the rolling thing.

I laughed so hard with her drinking the Mountain Dew!!

Emily Youngdell said...

Man, you have such a cute little girl! I LOVE the tongue pictures. So cute!