I've been thinking about a bunch of little things lately. I blame the weather for it but here are some of my thoughts.
- The weather these last few weeks has been wonderful! I love the rain. The days where we've had some sun, some rain, some more sun, and mild temperatures have been so fabulous!!
- Despite all the rain, our HOA feels it necessary to water every other day. Is it really that hard to adjust those things to take some time off when the weather reports are "Rain for the next 2 weeks"?
- It seems like we've been able to do more organizing of our home these last few months than we have the last year or two. It feels amazing to have hope of meeting my goal - having an organized home by the end of the year. I know that seems like a long time, but we have so much to do that I've wondered if that was even realistic.
- Mark's sister and her hubby offered to sell us their car to replace my little junker that I've had for 11 years. You've never seen people take better care of cars than Dave (the bro-in-law) and so it would be a big improvement over my car and it's pretty affordable but I just can't do it. I want a house more than a nicer car so I'd rather keep the money. And Mark (who is in charge of car care) doesn't have the time to keep it up and I'd feel bad about not taking very good care of it after having been babied. Plus, my car is super cheap - good gas mileage, low insurance costs, etc. It may be a junker, but I have a love for it deep down.
- I have learned that I never bake. We cleaned out the pantry and all the old stuff that either needs to be used or thrown away was mostly baking stuff. I love to eat baked yummies, I'm just not the one who makes them.
- Ten cents can make a difference. I used to fall victim to the hostess items in the vending machines at work but then they raised all the prices by ten cents and it was motivation enough for me to kick my habit.
- I actually really miss being pregnant. I loved it. And one of the things I miss most is going to sound totally weird - my back felt great while pregnant. I have some hip problems from falling out of a tree in my younger days which has also affected my lower back and it hasn't been doing so hot lately. Maybe it's time for baby # 2 so my back starts feeling good again. (That's a joke people!!!)
- There are a bunch of little things that irritate Mark and myself. Each of us have different things on our respective lists. But you know what, we do a really good job and making sure that stuff on our lists don't deal with the other person so it's very rare that we're irritated with each other.
- Every day that goes by I'm more convinced that one of the best things you can do for YOURSELF as a parent is to teach your baby how to put himself or herself to sleep. I'm still grateful you lent me that book Leah. Janie is an excellent little sleeper because of this.
- We got new fences put in around the townhouses and the best part of it is we now have a bigger back yard. When your yard is so small to start with, a few more feet makes a huge difference. Now we just need to do something with it. We'd like to turn it into a nice patio so Janie can be outside more and we have as little maintenance as possible. The goal is to have something by the end of summer so we'll see how well that goes these next 3 months.
- One of the biggest reasons why my posts are so infrequent is because we don't download the pictures and videos off our camera that often. And when we do they go onto Mark's computer so they're a little more difficult for me to access. So expect my next post to have a lot of pictures to enjoy.
Anywho, I think this is good little random list. TTFN!
4 comments:
sounds like a big to do list. But Cory and I are also finding out that once we finish a project we feel so much better about our acomplishments. Good luck on all your projects.
It's fun to get a peek into your thoughts!
I agree - one of the best things you can do for yourself is teach your baby to go to sleep on their own. I know that when Eden goes to bed at 8:00 at night, then I have my free time. Something I look forward to every day!
Speaking of pet peeves...seeing sprinklers on when it has been raining seriously just drives me crazy. I haven't even had my sprinklers on once this year.
Looking forward to seeing all those pictures.
Post a Comment