So everyday at work, there are always a few people that I look forward to seeing because the way they dress is so entertaining to me. I feel just a little bad because I know I'm being a little judgmental, but it's some thing to look forward to none the less. And I think it's also funny that it's ME who's entertained by this because I wouldn't consider myself a fashion-minded person. But sometimes you don't have to be a doctor to tell when someone has cut off their arm.
There are a lot of people that would term "normally dressed" around here, which would include those that either don't put a lot of effort into themselves (like me), those who look really put together and appropriate (not like me), and those who have no idea that there's a concept called fashion (sometimes also like me). And then there are those who you can tell try really hard to keep up with the latest fashion trends and just don't do it well. These are the ones that are my favorites.
First up are the 50 year old women who dress like teenagers. If I could think of a way to take pictures of these women without being noticed, I totally would because I think you all could appreciate it. There are some older women who still look quite youthful, and these women do not qualify for that. They come in wearing these flirty mini-skirt length dresses that are obviously too small with the fun patterned leggings and either sparkly ballet flats or funky high heals and it's just so funny. From the back you're totally expecting to see a young girl when they turn around and then you're "Whoa!" Personally, I think my young women dress far better than these ladies at work anyway.
Next are the "it really shouldn't be worn to work" women. It's hard to really explain these ones, but as a quick run down. There's a pregnant girl who wears these skin tight body suits which are so not flattering (even if she weren't pregnant) and there's only been once I've seen her in something else. There's another girl who looks like she's ready to go clubbing when she comes to work quite often. And overall, it's so funny to see how much the 80's have made a come back. Two weeks ago there was a lady wearing a shocking pink jogging suit made out of that fuzzy velvety material. It was at that moment that I realized that the 80's fashions we thought would never be resurrected have officially been raised from the dead. It was awesome.
And as an fyi, expect my next Janie post in 3-5 days. I have some pictures I want to download and a lot to get done the next few days. So stay tuned!
4 comments:
It's sad that I can think of some women I know who can fit into each of these categories. I'm not a fashionable person either but even I know what absolutely does not look good. So funny to see them though!
Yeah, I am so not up on the latest fashions (so much so that I do not shop for clothes for myself unless my younger sister is with me! ha ha!), but yeah... I have seen some of these ladies myself.
Entertaining for sure. Camera phone?? :)
Oh I SO want you to take pictures!! I'm totally entertained just by reading the post!
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! Come on, Sariah. Camera phone is a great idea. I have caught many mullets on my camera phone.
Post a Comment