I used to work at an accounting office as the lowly secretary. I've actually worked their twice - the second time trying to get something better than the secretary position. Needless to say, I didn't get something better so I quit again. Anyway, there was quite the assortment of personalities which might be surprising because we all have our stereotypes in mind about the harmless nerds that are accountants. The first year or two I was there, there was one guy that kind of had some color to his personality. He had an ego (which wasn't unusual) that he liked to stroke by being right. He was also an avid Lakers fan. So back when the Lakers played the Pistons in the finals we made a little bet about who would win and the loser would have to take the winner out to lunch. Needless to say, I won. He took me to a nice little bar-b-que place for my winnings and we just kind of sat and chatted. He really wasn't that strange or any different than your normal middle aged man. He just had a deserved reputation for being difficult to work with because he really liked to be right. I had also helped him out a few other times with random things, like I picked him up from a motorcycle dealership after he dropped off his bike to be worked on (which wasn't out of my realm of duties as the lowly secretary) and I don't remember specifically what else.
So I'm up late tonight because I'm having some difficulty relaxing (yep, back in this cycle, at least for tonight) and I got reading the news. This guy from my old job is Reggie Campos who happens to also be the guy being charged with attempted murder for shooting the neighborhood watch guy in Bluffdale. How crazy is that???? There are times when you see people you know on the news for strange random things (like this guy I went on a date with way back when and also dated his twin brother - he was promoting the lame "Smoker Man" doll), but this one really surprised me. He sure didn't seem the type to shoot someone. But he does seem the type that could let his life get a little interesting in ways that wouldn't benefit his personal well-being if that makes any sense.
In reading the story, I'm left with a lot of questions. What did his daughter actually say? And why were the neighborhood watch guys following the girls? In my wandering thoughts, I kind of traveled down the path of what teenagers tend to be like and I'm guessing the daughter and her friends were probably up to a little mischief and the watch guys were trying to assure they weren't causing any trouble. I know what I used to do as a teenager - my favorite was garbage can tipping - so it wouldn't surprise me. And also knowing how "honest" some teenagers are, I wouldn't be surprised if the story she told her dad wasn't quite the whole truth. And what it would have had to have been in order to inspire Reggie to not only pull a gun on another guy but to shoot him just boggles my mind. Now the guy who got shot is paralyzed and his family is left with this tragedy and I don't even know what to think about Reggie. It's just so strange!!
6 comments:
Its hard to here stuff like that happen. I am so ageanst guns. If he didn't have one then he wouldn't of shot the guy in the first place. I hope he dosn't get punished to hard. But the same time he should of talk to the men before he pulled the gun out. what has the world come too.
Hey Sariah.
I can totally relate. The seminary teacher who had the affair with a student was a teacher at my school at Viewmont 10years ago. It totally rocked me to the core when I found out. He was one of the most popular teacher there. Crazy times.
You wonder what is going on in someone's head to be able to pull the trigger that could end someone's life!
It just goes to show that you always have to be on your guard - it can happen to anyone. Crazy stuff!
Wow, that is just crazy!!! Makes ya wonder doesn't it??
crazy twilight zone type stuff to see someone you know on the news. Very sad story!
Post a Comment