Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Blog Junkie

Hola! How are y'all doing? I hope you've had a lovely Mother's Day. I did! It was just another Sunday - went to church, made dinner, did a little housework (I know, bad girl!), helped Mark with his homework, dealt with a grumpy Janie cuz she didn't get as much nap time as I was hoping she would, and stuff like that. I was more than happy because by doing it this way this year, it makes it possible to do it a very different way next year. Yeah!

Anyway, I have a confession to make. I'm totally turning into a blog junkie. Hello, my name is Sariah, and I'm a blog addict. In this world of technology, it gives people who have great talents the opportunity to share those talents with people like me who would like to develop some more talents. And since we're a few weeks away from finishing my parents house and Mark is three months away from finishing school and I have a feasible plan for becoming a stay-at-home-mommy in less than a year (no, not pregnant), I just might find some time to do that! I'm sure you can picture me happy dancing at the moment. Not many people who've met me over the last, oh, about 5 years know that I have a creative side. I at least used to have one - it's been suppressed for so long I'm not sure it's still there. I'm not all about boring and serious stuff all the time, just most of the time. So I spend my better hours at work perusing some of these blogs. I've added a couple more links to my list on here for my own convenience. I'm getting excited for the chance to start renovating/decorating our home (whether it be our condo or we find the opportunity to buy a house) so those have been the main ones I've added. I've got a couple more couponing ones I might add too. Isn't technology great?! I love technology, not as much as Mark you see, but I still love technology.

Also, I'm stealing some more pictures. While we were on vacation in the Caribbean, Janie spent the week with her grandma and auntie Janelle. Needless to say, they all had a lot of fun. They also got some cute pictures of our lil' nutty girl. So I stole them and sharing them with those who might not otherwise view Cheryl's blog. Not only did they feed her yummy desserts, they successfully got Janie's hair all into one ponytail and used the headband to control the fly-aways. But then she pulled it out so they went with the traditional piggies.


She also snapped a few shots of Janie while we had girls night while the guys all went to the priesthood session of conference way back when. That's her cousin Kylie holding her and one of Kylies MANY monkeys. Janie got her love of monkeys from Kylie. Mark also picks Janie up from her grandma's when she babysits during the week. That kid LOVES to be outside - to the point of throwing serious fits when you force her back in. These pics of my Mr. Handsome and child were just before the attempt to get her inside began. I'm soooo happy Janie got Mark's dimples!








And lucky me got to go to Women's Conference down at BYU with almost all the ladies in the family. One funny story about it was while we were at the service stations cutting up matching games for kids, this VERY outgoing lady came over and had this astounded look on her face as she pointed to all the Thomas women. She then said something along the lines of, "Are we all related or what?" They all kind of of second guessed about whether or not they look that much alike with me getting the impression from them that they didn't think they did. But then look at THIS picture. TOTALLY RELATED! Except me. Fortunately they squatted a little so I'd fit in better. :o) But over all, the conference was VERY beneficial for me. I needed it in so many ways!










And lastly, have I mentioned how much I love Rite Aid??? I really love Rite Aid.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love all those cute faces of Janie! Such a doll. I'm glad to hear that you're happy and that some things are coming to an end. Wahoo! And I have to admit, Janelle and I do look alike in that last picture ...

MarkT said...

I think we finally got Janie inside and off that little bridge by tempting her with some kind of treat.
I loved that second pic of Janie!

Jamie said...

those are such cute pics.

Emily Youngdell said...

Your little Janie is SO adorable!!!