One of the things that I tend to complain about with Janie is her lack of cooperation when attempting to do her hair. Part of my frustration is that she comes home from her babysitting adventures with her hair all done up cute in fancy piggies, braids, etc. but when I try to do her hair it's usually a fight. I can usually get something done - clipping it to the side, basic piggies, etc. - but nothing beyond that. Until today! I successfully got her hair into two french braids. She most definitely didn't sit very still for me and I had my doubts along the way, but with a lot of patience and not being too picky about the quality we made it! It was cute too. I tried to take some pictures but she didn't seem to understand why I might want to take a picture of the back of her head instead of her cheesy smiling face. :o) I'll see if there's one I can download for proof of my success.
Also, in other news, I have a little project I've started and I'm willing to accept help if anyone has some to offer. I've made a goal of putting together 30 recipes that can be my "go-to" guys for dinner. My staples if you will. I'm doing 30 because I've only been cycling through about 10 or so and it's amazing how fast you can get tired of some of them. I do have requirements though. 1 - It needs to be EASY to make. 2 - It needs to be relatively fast to make - no more than an hour tops prep and bake time combined with the exception of crock-pot recipes. 3 - Nutritional. It doesn't have to be super healthy, just have something to offer for the calories. Not all of the ones I have so far quite fit this though. Some are just too yummy to care that much. :o) 4 - While more of a preference than a rule, I like the ones that are "one pot" meal kind of deals that have it all thrown in together. Guess that means I'm up for casserole recipes. I have about 17 so far with a couple more I'd like to try and I'm looking for more to put on my list of ones to try to see if they'd qualify as keepers. So if you have any favorites that you'd like to share, please let me know. It's made it easier for me to know what to stock up on for our food storage as well.
2 comments:
I have a couple go-to favorites I can share. Do you want them emailed? By the way you must share!! I remember those days of fighting with Avery over hair. Now she does her own hair.
If you want to email them to my gmail (sariah00) that would be awesome. I totally plan on sharing, don't you worry. And yes, I totally laughed when you said you let Avery do her own hair. Smart! :o)
Post a Comment