In all honesty, I do a lot of my blogging while I'm at work. Is that bad? That's why there aren't very many pictures and other fun stuff of our silly little girl. My job has been really slow for quite some time so I tend to get all my work done in the first half of the day and just try to find ways to kill time the other half of the day. I can't say I feel guilty cuz my whole department (of 5) is in the same boat. Our manager doesn't have a good feel for what we actually do and he's in a different building anyway so it doesn't help out. So we talk a lot of sports, politics, coupons, home improvements, tv shows, etc. It helps that I have nice coworkers.
But that's all changing.
I've been pulled off my usual stuff and have been put in charge of overhauling a process that has been handled by another department and they just haven't done a very good job. So far I don't really have an opinion of if I'm happy about this change or not. It does have its draw backs though, like I actually have to work most of the day every day now. So my blogging may slow down a little. :o) The plan is to get it streamlined and error free so I can get my time back to use how I'd like to since it feels like I can make up for not being at home by doing things related to being at home (like my recipe list). I'm a little psychotic, I know.
Good news though! Mark and I set out on a goal a few months ago to see if we could make things work for me to finally quit my job and stay home after I get my 401k match and bonus next January/February. We might just make it!!! I think that's why I'm so indifferent to this change at work. Turns out Mark will actually be done with school in December and not August (sad) but it gives us more time to save up to pay for his last tuition payments. So all we gotta do is get our car paid off and find a way for me to make enough from home to pay our mortgage payments each month and we're good to go! And I've got a little something lined up to start in August that applies to being able to make some money from home for just a few hours a week. It might not cover all that I need it to, but it's a start and there's another option I can pursue once I actually quit that would make up the difference. Yay! I think my mother-in-law and Mark (who occasionally watches her) will appreciate me being home because they've both made comments about Janie being "a handful" now that she's approaching 2 years old. I just need to figure out how to keep a little kid entertained all day now.
As for other news, we considered ourselves FINISHED with my parents house as of last week. But then we chatted with our realtor who's had some people stop by and look at the place and all the negative comments were the same thing - the exterior of the house looks terrible. So this week we're working on prepping the outside to paint it and then praying for a non-windy day so we can rent a sprayer and get it DONE! Isn't that amazing?!?!? We're finally there!!! YAY!!!! Then that bad boy will be listed and then we just have to take care of the yard until someone buys it. Anyone know anyone looking for a house??? It looks lovely and it's quite affordable.
6 comments:
Congrats on the house!! I'm crossing my fingers that you get a seller soon.
P.S. Jake has a thing for polynesian men over 50. :):):)
Yay for finishing the house! I bet the outside seems simple after all you've done to the inside. :-)
Sorry to hear you've "lost" time at work. No fun! Hopefully it works out sooner than later that you can stay at home!
I have to correct you honey, but for the better! I won't be done in December, I'll be done in November! The semester ends the week before Thanksgiving I believe.
I'm glad you were able to finish the house. I'll ask around and see if someone is looking for a house. How much you selling it for.
I'm so glad for you finishing the house!!!!!
Good luck on all the work related stuff. Keep us posted.
I told a friend at work about it, who needs to buy a cheap house. He's getting divorced. He looked it up on google maps.
Post a Comment