Hasn't this last week been great? It's SPRING!!! I really do love the rain. I like the gloomy sky, the smell, and I LOVE to fall asleep to it. I sleep like the dead while it's raining. It's not nearly as painful to drive in the rain as it is the snow. Our little flower friends begin to thrive and there's just so much to enjoy thanks to the rain.
One thing I don't love is getting sick. My throat got a little sore last night and my ear was feeling funky. I woke up this morning with a bit of a nose thing and a slight sensation of tightness in my chest. So while I'm not bad shape, I still don't enjoy it. Last time I was sick I was so afraid to touch Janie cuz I didn't want to make her sick. I think she might already have it this time. Her nose is yuckier than usual and she seems to have a little chest or throat issue too. I've been wondering if she might have allergies cuz she's been all about rubbing her pretty eyes these last few weeks with a bit of a runny nose. But she's been different yesterday and today. So if she's sick, this is her first bug which I've been SOOOOOO grateful she hasn't had anything yet. And she's still smiling and being curious about everything so it doesn't seem too bad.
We've come to realize this past week that the time to baby-proof our house is coming very soon. You know how I mentioned that we wonder if she'll crawl before she sits up . . . it might come to pass. She's still not interested in sitting up but she is now slowly scooting forward when on her belly. When I say slowly I'm talking about a few inches a minute. She was chasing down her wipes container the other day and made it about 10 inches in about 2 or 3 minutes. Her grandma and babysitter caught her scooting too. It's so fun to watch her do it too cuz it's a strange combination of an army crawl and the worm. She gets her feet into it trying to push herself forward with them while doing a little shimmy on her belly and pushing up and down with her arms. I'll have to try to get it on video.
As for the sitting, I think if she really tried she'd probably be close to doing it but she just doesn't care. There was one time she held herself up with her arms for a little but she'd rather hang out on the floor rolling from side to side, playing with toys on her back, or trying to move around on her belly. Oh, she has developed a cute friendship with our cat Bob. Bob has figured out that if he goes up close to Janie that he's going to get some amateur petting. She's beyond fascinated by the cats so she gets excited whenever she sees them and is all kinds of tickled when she gets to touch Bob. She's been surprisingly gentle with him too. Yet another thing that's so cute.
So I AM having that bow party. It's going to be at my place at 7:00 pm on Tuesday April 28th. I'm going to try to send out specific invites to those I know with little girls but EVERYONE is invited since I'm not sure who else might have nieces or cousins or whoever they'd like to spoil. So if you'd like to come, just post a comment and I can give you more info. The girl's blog that makes and sells the bows is http://www.rayshairbows.blogspot.com if you'd like to take a looksie.
Sorry there aren't any pictures this time. I'm out of time for now so maybe I can post a couple later. Tootles!
6 comments:
I love it when they get to the crolling stage. She is such a cute girl.
If you love the rain, you should move out to the midwest!
That's so cool she's scooting around! She sounds like a very determined little girl and wants to get a move on. And Mike will love that she loves cats. :)
I look forward to the bow party!
I LOVE the rain too! I sleep better too - I wonder why that is? I guess it must be soothing. And I'm sorry you're sick :(
Eden still doesn't crawl forward. She goes backwards, but not forwards. So as of right now, she still really isn't into to everything. Lucky for us :) Sorry that you were sick - that totally stinks.
I love the rain too! It's my favorite time to you know what....;) I know that is probably TMI but I know you can handle it. I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick.
I too LOVE the rain!!
I hope your bow party went well ( didn't come, since I make my own), and I look forward to seeing cute pics of Janie with her new bows!!
Post a Comment