Saturday, April 4, 2009

Yes, I'm Late on the 6 Month Mark

Janie has been a cute 6 month old little girl for over a week now. But she didn't have her doctor's appointment until yesterday so I figured I'd wait until we had her latest stats before I got going on this posting business. So the stats are . . . 26 inches long and 14 lbs 12 oz. I don't know the head circumference - I just know she's right on average in that department. So she's still on the skinny side, a little long but pretty close to average, and still cute as a button. She got more of those pesky shots that make her feel yucky the day after and I'm happy to say that she hasn't been as bad as the previous two times. That first time was so hard, the second time we were prepared, and this time has been an improvement. And no more shots for a while. Whoo-hoo!

I guess it's now time to do the progressive photo list not because it's obligatory, or tradition, or cuz everyone else is doing it (and most have done it). It's because she's been so dang cute since day one and we wanna show her off some more.


Newborn


One Month


Two Months - We're not kidding when we say she sleeps like the dead


Three Months - It was a bad hair day


Four Months


Five Months


And now the BIG Six Months!


She's been learning a few new fun things and playing with her feet has finally been one of them as you can see. She also has a little boogie dance she does (or else has learned to shake her head "no") which is pretty cute. We've been trying to get her to sit up too but things haven't been moving along as fast in that department as we thought they would. She also now slowly scoots around in a circle when on her belly if she has a reason to so we're almost wondering if she'll crawl before she sits. When we stick her in her bumbo she tries to fling herself backwards which leads to interesting results so we figure she's just not interested in it yet when she's got great vision of what's around her while laying on the floor. She's finally thinking about rolling both ways rather than just from her back to belly. And lastly, she says da-da on a very regular basis now and even says ma-ma when she's upset. It's not surprising - dad when she's happy and mom when she's not - even though she doesn't quite know what she's saying just yet. We've got pics and videos of some of this so please enjoy them down below!

Her eating is going very well. She takes after both her parents - she loves broccoli like Dad and potatoes like Mom and just generally enjoys eating. The only thing she still hasn't liked was those apples. But we're going to hold off on more fruits until we've got some more of the veggies down. If she's like her mom, I don't think she'll be a big fan of the cooked fruits anyway. :o) Her bowels have been working quite well lately too so no more traumatic poop stories, at least for now anyway.

Well, I can't think of too much else to report on at the moment. It seems like there were a few more things, but the thinker doesn't work so well sometimes still. Oh, question for the people!!! I went to a "bow party" today and I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in attending one if I were to host one. There's a lady who makes the baby headband bows, flowers and what she calls pony-bows for pony and pig tails and she does quite a good job and they're more affordable than the others I've seen. The most expensive ones were $5 each. Any interest from the few on here this might apply to??? I could even do it when a certain person will be out here later this month.

Anywho, enjoy the pics and videos!

This is us working on the sitting thing. If she's in my lap she doesn't do too bad.


This is a cute little hat we got for her to wear this summer. Just need summer to get here now.


She LOVES to play with wrappers and paper now. She's entertained for hours!


I left her home with Dad one night and he had quite the little photo shoot. I came home to these next two pictures and about 10 more just like them of her smiling ear to ear. You'd think she liked the guy or something. :o)


Dad wanted to see how cute she was in his hat.


You might not believe it, but she was smiling when Mark would squish her face but it had gotten old by the time we took the picture. We still thought it was funny though.

And a couple disclaimers about the videos - there's a Jazz game on in the background of the first one so feel free to ignore Mark's unhappy comment about them losing. In the second one the reason you'll suddenly see Mark's hand in front of the camera is because Janie stops her performing monkey mode if she sees the camera.





4 comments:

Laura said...

What a cutie! I LOVE how she shakes her head back and forth - so cute! Maybe she'll be a dancer one day. :)

And YES, I would totally be interested in a bow party!

Stefanie said...

She keeps getting cuter! (if that's possible)

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday to Janie!!

Jamie said...

She is so cute. Its funny how fast they grow.